Small retail pig breeding management knowledge, very practical!
2019-10-30 17:37:06 Click:
To shorten the breeding cycle of commercial pigs and achieve the purpose of rapid fattening, the environmental conditions of the pig farm are more stringent. Only by creating a suitable microclimate environment can we ensure that growing and finishing pigs have a strong appetite, fast weight gain, low consumption of materials, low morbidity and mortality, and thus obtain higher economic benefits.
How to control the temperature of pigsty
Pigs are constant-temperature animals. In general, if the temperature is not suitable, the pig's body can keep its body temperature basically constant through its own adjustment, but it needs to consume energy to affect the growth rate of the pig. The suitable temperature for the growth of fattening pigs is: piglets 20-30 ° C, 20-25 ° C before 50 kg, and 18-20 ° C of 50-90 kg.
Second, pigs should control humidity, what is the most suitable humidity
Humidity has less effect on growing and finishing pigs than temperature. But too high or too low humidity is not good for growing and finishing pigs. When the temperature is high and humidity, the pig's body is difficult to dissipate, and the pig feels more sultry. When the temperature is low and high, the heat dissipation of the pig's body is significantly increased, and the pig feels colder, and the high humidity environment is conducive to the propagation of pathogenic microorganisms, making the pig susceptible to 疥Tinea, eczema and other skin diseases. The suitable relative humidity of the piggery is 65-80%. If heating equipment is used in the piggery, the relative humidity should be reduced by 5-8%.
3. What are the requirements for pigs during the feeding process?
In general, light has little effect on pig fattening. As long as the light in the fattening piggery does not affect the feeding of pigs and facilitate feeding and management operations, strong light will affect the rest and sleep of fattening pigs. The construction of fattening piggery should be based on heat insulation, and there is no need to emphasize lighting.
4. How should the pig house eliminate harmful gases?
Due to the fermentation or spoilage of manure, feed, and grass in the piggery, toxic gases such as ammonia and hydrogen sulfide are often decomposed, and the pig's breathing will emit a large amount of carbon dioxide. If the concentration of carbon dioxide in the piggery is too high, the appetite of the pig will be reduced, the constitution will be reduced, and the weight gain will be slow. Ammonia and hydrogen sulfide are harmful to both humans and pigs. They can severely irritate and destroy mucous membranes and conjunctivae, and can induce various diseases. Therefore, it is necessary to pay attention to ventilation in the piggery, remove pig manure and dirt in time, and pay attention to the appropriate housing density.
5. How does noise affect pigs?
Noise adversely affects feeding, rest and weight gain in fattening pigs. If the noise is often disturbed, the activity of the pig will increase greatly, and part of the energy will be consumed to affect the pig's weight gain. The noise will also cause the pig to panic and reduce appetite.
How to adjust feeding density?
If the captive density is too high and the herd is too large, it will lead to poor living environment for pigs, increased conflict between pigs, decreased appetite, reduced feed intake, slow growth, ill-developed herds, and susceptibility to various diseases. In general, it is advisable that the rearing density is 0.8-1 square meters per fattening pig; the herd size is preferably 10-20 per herd.
How to prevent pigs in autumn
In autumn, pigs are the most susceptible to swine fever, influenza, epidemiology, and streptococcus suis. In this season, prevention and treatment of these diseases is particularly important. Strengthen pig breeding management, strictly prevent wind, cold and wet invasion, increase ventilation and ventilation, timely remove faeces, sludge, and turbid water in the circle, keep the ground dry and clean, thicken the grass, protect against cold, and prevent bedsores , Is the focus of autumn pig raising.
How to do well in ventilation and disinfection
The main points of ventilation and disinfection in winter pig pens are as follows: Timely ventilation When the temperature is relatively high at noon, open a small gap in the window for 1 hour. According to investigations, in airless rooms, droplets of viruses and bacteria in the air can float for more than 30 hours. If the doors and windows are often open for ventilation, the dirty air can drift away at any time, and the room is also provided with sufficient light, which can make it difficult for a variety of viruses and germs to breed and reproduce. Regular disinfection of the house can promote healthy growth of pigs. Disinfection drugs should be used alternately, and the dosage should be determined according to the instructions. Do not increase the dose without authorization. It must be cleaned thoroughly before disinfection. When disinfecting, make the floor look like a drizzle. It should not be too wet (the pig is prone to diarrhea) or too dry (it can't disinfect). Every corner must be disinfected in place. During disinfection, the spray head should be allowed to drop down slowly over the pig. Do not disinfect the pig body. It is very difficult to prevent sterilization outside the shed in winter, especially in the disinfection tanks set up when entering the farm area and the passage of the pigsty, icing may occur in winter. In this case, sprinkle some salt in the disinfectant so that it does not freeze. In addition, pay attention to changing the disinfection solution in the disinfection tank frequently to prevent the drug from being expired or reducing the efficacy.
9. What measures should be taken in pig production to prevent the occurrence of swine diarrhea as early as possible?
1. Do a good job in pig house hygiene: For piglet epidemic diarrhea, "prevention is more important than cure". The sanitation and disinfection of the piggery should be strengthened to keep the piggery dry. The ground in the house can be disinfected with 1% to 2% caustic soda, and the walls of the pighouse can be painted with quicklime water. The whole hall was cleaned and disinfected once a week with Baidusha and Diduwei.
2. Strengthen breeding management: Especially for piglets, it is necessary to manage them carefully, pay attention to keeping cold and warm in winter, and keep the grass clean, dry and soft. The feed for pigs should be soft and palatable, easy to digest. Mix baking soda powder and complete Zhifan powder or milk powder to prevent the gastrointestinal diseases of pigs and promote the growth and development of piglets. Drinking water should be sufficient and clean. Vitamins, glucose powder and electrolytic multi-dimensional powder can be added to the drinking water, which can increase the metabolism of pigs.
3. Strengthen vaccination: According to the local epidemic situation, do vaccination.
4. Timely detection and isolation: In pig production, three observations must be made: watching the mental state, watching the diet, and watching the color and shape of the excrement. Prompt detection, early isolation and symptomatic treatment . Effective diagnosis and treatment to reduce deaths and reduce morbidity in pigs.
- Previous post: "Top Ten Elements" of Self-provisioning Pig Feed in Pig Farms [2020-01-02]
- Next post: Why do sows often have premature, miscarriage and stillbirth? The reason is here! [2019-10-11]